Whatever Happened To... Brewing My Own Beer?

So, we're still doing this shtick, huh?

Damn straight. It's the 22nd of December and I'm officially on leave from work. Most challenges are officially suspended for the duration of the holidays.  Which is just as well, to be honest, given just how many snacks I ate yesterday!

Well, ok, given I'm a third-hand-idea for a faux-conversational blog post, I suppose I have to go along with it. What are we doing today?

Brewing beer.  Or more accurately, tasting beer!

Oooh, is there any for me?

No.

Oh...

I don't think it would be good for your USB ports.

Fine. It's not like I wanted any anyway...

Sorry.

Thanks... So, how was it?

Any thoughts on the challenge, now it's done?

I still remain of the opinion that there's a lot of faffing about in brewing beer and the end result was not earth shattering enough to make that worthwhile. I guess going down the kit route always risked that, but it's surprising how little difference adding the various boozy fruits and chocolate made.

Are you going to keep doing it?

Probably not. Certainly the big, brewing buckets have already been pressed into other uses and I can't imagine glaze will improve the flavour of the beer!

And the long-term challenges?

French words "learned" (according to the memrise app): The boys of the NYPD choir
Daily photos taken? Were SINGIN' Galway Boy!
Swordfighting learnt: And the BELLS were ringin' out
I am currently reading:Fer CHRIstmas daaaaay!
"Cheat" days on food since last week:You're a bum!
"Cheat" days on exercise: You're a punk!
Most pull ups in a row: You're an old slut on junk!
My favourite drawing: Mebbe we shuld shing shomething more appro-aprop-apropriate...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One-Off Challenge 22: Skinny Dip

Challenge 2: Learn To Draw

Challenge 1: Learn French