Whatever Happened To... Saying Thank You?

So, what token gesture are we making towards writing a blogpost this week then?

We're looking at the saying thank you challenge.  (That's writing an actual, physical thank you note for any gift given to me by a person not there to thank at the time.)

And how's it going?

Good.  One of the great advantages of being in charge of the rules and setting of my challenges is that I can nudge things in my favour a little. The key with this one is that, as an adult, people don't actually give you that many presents.  The number of people who give presents while not being there to thank is even smaller! Win!

That sounds... outwith the spirit of the challenge.

Bite me, imaginary correspondent. 

OK, keep your hair on. So, how many thank yous have you actually written?

By my current count? 4. I guess people don't like me that much!

Any unexpected difficulties.

Well, I bought a pack of thank you cards to write my thank yous in, but then promptly lost them. Plus, my fountain pen ran out of ink and my efforts at re-filling it were not... without complications.
I hope the card recipients appreciate this!

And for the rest of the year...?

It seems pretty unlikely I'll get any more gifts given without someone being present before I hit the big four-oh.

And are you going to keep it up?

I really should. I'll try, but who knows? These are the sort of things that are awfully easier to let fall by the wayside.

And how's the long-term challenges going?

Well, it's been a bit rough trying to get back into it, but next week is the key getting back to it week.
French words "learned": 863.
Daily photos taken? Yes.
Swordfighting learnt: That I have forgotten almost all of it but most importantly, I have forgotten how much it hurts!
I am currently reading: Daggerspell.  Still.
Cheat days on food: One. Magnus is a bad influence.
Cheat days on exercise: Probably about five of the seven.
Favourite drawing: I don't have a favourite from this week. I've been trying to do quick sketches of faces, but they're not quite there yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One-Off Challenge 22: Skinny Dip

Challenge 2: Learn To Draw

Challenge 1: Learn French